Jumi on tour: Japanese film festival 2013 - part 2

Share on Facebook Tweet this

It's like we're seeing fewer movies each year at Camera Japan Festival. This time we were irritated, annoyed by the filmschedule and not to forget, hungry. Movies were shown at crappy times. It was impossible for us to take a day off at work, so we couldn't see some interesting movies. Anyway, this year we've seen two movies: Aura - Koga Maryuin's Last War and Outrage Beyond.

Aura
A romantic comedy about a boy, Ichiro, who got bullied at his school because he has a rich imagination of being a hero in a fantasy world. Ichiro transfers to another school. Acting more normal, because he doesn't want to be bullied again. Then Ichiro meets a strange girl. A girl who also has a rich imagination. Now she gets bullied. Ichiro has to protect her from being bullied. Read more...

This anime wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't like the ending of it. At the end it was kind of a 'realistic' story, with some sort of moral. It's an OK anime for younger people, but to me (nope I'm not old) it was not worthy enough to see this one at the festival.


Outrage Beyond
I was sooo excited to see the sequel of Yakuza movie Outrage: Outrage Beyond. But this second and last movie I've seen at the festival was a bit of a disappointment. The movie wasn't bad or whatever, but I missed the real violent sparkle of the first Outrage. Yes, you really have to see the first one. To me, the movie starts off slow. And there wasn't really an unforgettable scene in Outrage Beyond, just like the dentist scene of Outrage part one. But I still love the charismatic Kitano Takeshi.


After saying this, I must say that Outrage Beyond is my favorite I've seen at Camera Japan 2013.

No comments to this post yet... be the first!

Post a Comment

 

COPYRIGHT © 2014 JUMIJUMI.com