Lastminute-I'mbroke-Jummysweetrecipe: Daigakuimo

Share on Facebook Tweet this
OH NO *peeep* your friend called that he/she will visit you today, unannounced! *stress*stress* You don't have anything jummy at home, and you just spent your last money on grocery buying stupid healthy stuff such as vitaminpills, crackers, oranges, apples, carrots, lettuce, anti-cellulitelotion etc. You can't give your guest slices of apples or a leaf of the lettuce..Let me see what else i've got in my kitchen. Hmm just sugar, sesameseed and soysauce...While stressing what to feed my guest, my mind slipt more and more away to my holiday in Japan last year...Jummy, I miss the jummy-delicious-sweet-snacks...snacks THATS IT! In Japan they had a sweet potato snack, Daigakuimo. I searched on the net for the recipe and i found it! After buying just 1 extra ingredient for 1 euro the sweet potato, I made Daigakuimo. My friend came and she loved it. Want to try it for yourself? Well here is the recipe:


Ingredients:

- 750 gram sweet potato
- Oil (sunfloweroil for example)

for the sauce:
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soysauce (I use kikkoman Soysauce)
- 125 gram sugar (or less, if u don't like it too sweet, because the potatos are ofcourse sweet of itself :)
- white or black sesameseed.



1.
Peel off the skin of the sweet potato and cut in pieces. You can also leaf the skin on, if so, make sure you clean it very well, just like a normal potato











2. Heat the oil in a pan, when it's hot enough, put the potatos in it











3. When the potatos are well baked, put them on a plate covered with papertowel. Just leave it there while you're preparing the sauce











4. Stir and mix water, soysauce and sugar well in a pan and put the pan on low heat.



When the sugar has melted and the sauce gets a bit sticky, remove from the heat and put the potatos in the sauce





5. Then put it on a plate and sprinkle the sesameseed











6. Jummy, lets eat!

2 comment about "Lastminute-I'mbroke-Jummysweetrecipe: Daigakuimo":

ikke
May 5, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Omg i luv this!!
I almost ate your plate! XD

May 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM

hahha, she killed mr. potato and loved it, at number 2!

Nice blog girls, keep it up!

koek

Post a Comment

 

COPYRIGHT © 2014 JUMIJUMI.com