Subway's finally getting real fresh?

Share on Facebook Tweet this

'Eat fresh everyday', that's one of the slogans of Subway's Fastfood restaurant..Hm, with the non-fresh smell of ham and cheese in big bowls which isn't cold enough, the slightly sticky cucumbers and lettuce (probably two days old) on my freshly baked bread...No doubt about it, the bread is really freshly baked, but I wish I could say the same about the other ingredients. So 'eating fresh everyday' definitely isn't applicable for the Subway in my city, unfortunately.

But now i've read that Subway will open a restaurant in Tokyo with a lettuce growing unit! Subway aims to set up two or three such restaurants that will use fresh, chemical-free lettuces grown there with a view to attracting health-conscious customers. The new restaurant in Tokyo will have a 6.6-square-meter glass case where lettuces actually will freshly grow under fluorescent lamps and without the use of any chemicals. "Visitors can have the lettuces fresh out of the case for their sandwiches", the company said.

Hopefully other countries will follow this method soon, hopefully also in my city. Until then, I just have to make my own 'Subway-wannabe-sandwiches', with Tunasalad and cheese of the Lidl (good and cheap supermarket in NL) and pre-baked french bread of the Euroshopper (good and cheap brand in NL)...Waiting patiently till the day that I can really eat and enjoy a fresh Subway sandwich.

No comments to this post yet... be the first!

Post a Comment

 

COPYRIGHT © 2014 JUMIJUMI.com