Jummyornot: Tiny Tokyo sushi - Kyoto set

Share on Facebook Tweet this
The real deal?

So in Holland there is a chain of takeaway sushi, called Tiny Tokyo. Years ago, when it was introduced in The Hague, I tried it. But the sushi was expensive and not good. The rice was kind of uncooked and they put too much mayonaisse and tuna salad (like the one you eat on a sandwich) in a sushi. These kind of sushi's are too Dutch in my opinion. If I want to eat sushi, I want the real deal or it's not sushi.


Today I passed by a Tiny Tokyo shop, thinking to give it a try again. Maybe they have improved their sushi over these years. I have bought the Kyoto set as the picture above this post. It was € 7,75. Pretty expensive I say!

At home the sushi was still cold, like near frozen cold. And I couldn't taste the fish or shrimp. They didn't have any taste. I waited a bit for the sushi to get on normal temperature, but still no taste. Though the rice was good. Then on with the maki sushi, one had tuna salad. I'm not a fan of tuna salad in a sushi. I have never seen this in Japan. To me it's tasting weird, but surprisingly it was the most tasty one of this set. The other two had surimi and cucumber, which were too soft. 


Sorry, but again I have to give Tiny Tokyo a low score. It's way too expensive for the quality you're getting. The sushi is too much "Westernized". I like the whole set up of the brand Tiny Tokyo. The shop looks fun, they have all kind of fun sets. But unfortunately this is not sushi.
 

No comments to this post yet... be the first!

Post a Comment

 

COPYRIGHT © 2014 JUMIJUMI.com