Review: Time Slip Dr. Jin

Share on Facebook Tweet this

Last time I said that I'm not a big fan of historical dramas, but I knew a new Korean historical drama would air with.... Mr. manlyman Song Seung Heon. I had to see Time Slip Dr. Jin! OK, I've just seen the first episode. HM. I'm not sure if I'll continue watching this dorama. It's nice to see the old costumes they used to wear way back in the days. And it's always nice to see Song Seung Heon (Dr. Jin).  

*spoiler alert*
The story starts interesting where Dr. Jin finds something unusual (during an operation) when he cuts someone's head open: a fetus! And then another unusual thing happens. He travels back in time to year 1860 (Joseon Dynasty Period). What the... Anyway, Jin got stuck in this past, during an unhappy event: a battle between two groups. Then people suddenly accuses the doctor of comitting a crime. Why the...he didn't do anything! So he turned into the village's most wanted. And someone who catches him, will be rewarded. Poor Dr. Jin. Then he saves someone in the village, with nowadays normal surgeon methodes (back then, these methodes were unusual, of course). This proves that he's NOT a criminal.... Will he survive the Joseon Period?

Enough about the story. This dorama is a bit too serious to me. And I really don't like to see Park Min Young's acting, face everything everything on screen. I didn't like her in City Hunter. And I don't like her in this dorama. I don't think I'll ever like her. Why didn't they cast a really good actress, such as Ha Ji Won. OK, I'l stop nagging about this actress. Kim Jaejoong also has a role. This time as a bad guy. I've seen him in other doramas Protect the Boss and Sunao Ni Narenakute. I'm still impressed by his acting. He's not the sweetie/softy anymore. And Song Seung Heon. Well, he's nice... uhm... good as always!

So, can I recommend this dorama? Well, if you love to travel back in time to the Joseon period and if you're into doramas with romance and a bit of action, and if you're not allergic to Park Min Young, then you might like it. You can watch English subbed episodes on dramacrazy.net

4 comment about "Review: Time Slip Dr. Jin":

Miss Byung Hun
May 29, 2012 at 8:42 PM

XD

Anonymous
August 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I totally agree with you on Park Min Young. Something's off about her.

Anonymous
September 6, 2012 at 11:33 PM

You just dislike park minyoung for no reason? o.o She was a great actress. I didn't fancy her in high kick but after watching this I'm a fan of her acting.

September 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM

She didn't played her role very convincing in City Hunter, to me her mimics were a bit too plain. Maybe she's better in this dorama, I don't know, because I've stopped watching Time Slip after a few episodes.

Post a Comment

 

COPYRIGHT © 2014 JUMIJUMI.com