Jumi's epic foodjourney at Marks & Spencer, The Hague

Share on Facebook Tweet this

Jumi went to the newly opened Marks and Spencer in The Hague (Holland). Marks and Spencer is a British warehouse and this new shop is the flagshipstore and largest international one in Europe. Now this was a pretty big happening in downtown city. Why? Because it's a new large building, they are back after a long time and the retailer tempted us with news about newer, better and greater. The truth or a hype? As a true local, Jumi had to visit!

While several websites and blogs are writing about their fashion, which was in my opinion somewhat plain and not my cup of tea, I am going to write about the biggest change in the city. S-w-e-e-t-s. Jummy sweets.


If you are a Jumi too, you can skip the fashion part and just go straight on to the food hall. Better yet, just enter the food hall from the streetside, 3 minute saver! Now the day I went was the big opening, so you can guess it was a Madhouse. But, Marks and Spencer brings us all the yummiest sweets and snacks from Great Britain. Which means, the best chocolate cookies, cakes, chocolate cakes, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate roll cake, banana cakes topped AND filled with caramel and many more. OMG, I went nuts. Remember, I am very small and pink. But even then, it was totally worth being squeezed and bumped between all those people. If I could only looked and drooled a little more over cakes I couldn't afford. Because the prices of most products are a little more expensive than your usual groceries.

OMG, blurry photo because I was shaking so much of happiness to see Hello Kitty made of white chocolate.

Besides yummy sweets, you can also buy the famous sandwiches, lemonades, meals and salads. And even sushi. Now I am not a fan of fushi (fridge sushi, a word I just made up...)But these ones were without raw fish and were surprisingly totally good in taste. They were actually yummy!! OMG! Are you serious? Me, eating fushi and loving it.

Hello.... strawberry rose cake! Ahhhh my day was awesome when I got this in my hands! *possessed stare*


I also must mention the extra nice and honest cashier lady, packing my bag with a smile.
Most shops, woops typo... all Dutch shops can take an example from this kind of hospitality.

Jummyornot?
So my conclusion, Marks and Spencer food hall is definitely better, greater and Jummy! But it's not wallet/purse/clutch friendly.

You can visit the shop at Grote Marktstraat 32, The Hague in The Netherlands.

What do you think about this? Leave your comments below!
I am planning on reviewing more local stuff in Holland, so keep on checking back!

No comments to this post yet... be the first!

Post a Comment

 

COPYRIGHT © 2014 JUMIJUMI.com