Swizz Beatz in K-pop mood

Share on Facebook Tweet this
Last time we've posted about Teddy Riley and his K-pop songs. And it seems like more American producers want to do something with K-pop.

Today hiphop producer Swizz Beatz had a press conference in Seoul to discuss the growing impact of K-Pop on the global music industry. This is what he said: "What I found in Korean pop music is a new expression. The world is open for new things and I think right now K-pop in Korea is leading in that area. I’d like to be the one to introduce that to the West...”

I hope this will also lead to more popularity in Europe.. Or well, to be more precisely: in the Netherlands. Unfortunately our popmusic-charts are just filled with too much crappy artists (Geert Pardoes, Michel Telo (reminds me of baked cassava), Studio Murderers, Crane Daddy WT???!....) singing horrible songs in terrible music videos.

Anyway, Swizz Beatz hopes to see a collaboration between Rihanna and 2NE1 one day. Hm, I'm not looking forward to it. I don't like Rihanna's voice and music. 2NE1 doesn't need her to gain more popularity or success in the West, because their music already has an international sound.

I don't know for which k-pop artists Swizz Beatz wants to make songs, but I'll keep you updated.

Here's one of 2NE1's old songs 'In the Club'. It's not their original MV, but I really love this fanvid made by LiVeLiKeURdying2. Have fun watching!


Source: koreaherald, allkpop

1 comment about "Swizz Beatz in K-pop mood":

m
February 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM

telo XDDD wie is dat!! XD

Post a Comment

 

COPYRIGHT © 2014 JUMIJUMI.com